Friday 16 July 2010

Nosferatu page 11



I laughed out loud when I flipped to this page. I've no idea why I thought decorative pillars would be doing that high up in a Tim Burton-style church or why they'd have so many small and ineffectual nails on their bases.

I now know how beams and supports for something like this would look like -- and it's nothing like this. This was in the days before the internet and image searches and you had to have access to a good library or have a very well developed morgue. Today I have a few books on hand with architectural reference, the internet and years of experience drawing crumbling buildings.

I do kinda like how the woman manages to smash through two 18"thick beams and land on another and have any bones in her upper body intact. Maybe she's related to Luke Cage?

No comments: