Saturday 28 August 2010

Fanexpo 2010 Day One

The first day was surprisingly busy from the start. I brought my camera, as usual, but I think this is the first time I actually remembered to take pictures.

First sketch of the day was "draw something badass from Marvel".

I didn't want to start the day with something too traditional -- it would seem a waste of how wide open the commission was if gave him something too easy. Opted for X-23. I struggled to recall her costume a bit. As I finished, the ever-awesome Dale Keown, sitting right next to me, was asked to draw this character and was given reference. The lady asking for the drawing was in the line for dale the whole time I was drawing this. Hah!


These two delightful young women were from a high school comic club in Montreal (hope I heard that right, there was some cross chatter when we were first talking). I did a pencil Kitty and Lockheed they seemed pretty happy with.

I got to see some people I haven't seen in too long and hope to see more of them the rest of the weekend.

Oh, and I ended up inking a Billy Tan Marvel Project cover sketch -- that was a blast and fun! Of course I forgot to take a photo of that (and a few other things I drew today!

I'm exhausted, so I'm off to bed. Hopefully i can do another update tomorrow night.

No comments: