Tuesday 8 June 2010

Post-Convention catching up

Still scrambling around playing catch-up after the convention this past weekend and working on a few things I'm not able to share here for a while yet.

However, I did get this in my e-mail this morning:
It's one of the sketches I did at the Wizardworld Toronto a while back. I'm happy to see that CGC didn't ding the value of the book too much for having my scribbles all over the cover.

A little while ago I got a scan of another sketch I did at that show:

I have a deep and abiding love for most things Joss Whedon has created, so drawing this con attendee as a vampire slayer was a double treat.

***
I actually brought my camera to take snaps of the sketches I did at the show, but completely forgot it was in my bag both days. The con was pretty laid back, so I think I spent hours on a few of the sketches. I was actually working on a Mephisto for one attendee as the show ended. Dale wanted to head out and I couldn't see the gentleman anywhere, so I packed up the piece. It's one of the few times I didn't take payment up-front, so I hope he isn't too upset that he didn't get his sketch. I might polish it up a bit and share it here since I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Next show for me is the big August FanExpo in Toronto. Really looking forward to that one.

***
I've made up my mind to redraw the T-Rex in Jungle Girl, so that'll come before wrapping up that painting. I'll see how the week develops, but I'm hoping to get it squared away soon.

No comments: