So, I was just awarded this:
Given to me by Cromsblood of the CROM! blog. Cool -- last time I was ever nominated or received a web-based award I was still hanging around usenet, years before this blog even existed (or I even heard of blogging).
Like most things web-based, it's trying to go viral, so there's rules attached to this award:
(1) Thank the person that nominated me.
(2) Copy the award and put it on my blog.
(3) Link back to the blog that nominated me (CROM! ).
(4) Name seven things about myself other people might find interesting… listed below.
(5) Nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers… also below.
(6) Leave a comment on their blogs so they know they’ve been nominated… get on that later today.
Seven Things people might find interesting about me. Hmm. Guessing my usual audience here, I'll try to come up with things that would be interesting to this group.
- As comfortable as I am with digital media, I enjoy the feel of graphite sliding across the surface of a smooth paper so much that I don't think I'll ever go completely digital.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and I were urinal neighbors in a restaurant mens room some time after the movie Twins was released.
- While I agree that contemporary art education is largely in the toilet, I don't think we can turn back the clock and try to teach it in the same manner as the "good old days".
- Thinks that there's going to be some sort of interactive experience splicing together multiplayer video games and a traditional movie narrative in a movie theater within the next 10-20 years.
- I don't take care of my floppy comics on purpose.
- I think DC Comics is still and always will be a confused mess over not having the balls to ditch the golden age heroes and Legion of Superheroes during Crisis on Infinite Earths
- I'd drop anything and everything to work with Howard Chaykin once.
Dr. Sketchy's Toronto - wish I could get out there more often.
Ty Templeton's Art Land - free comics every weekend and lots of the funny
She's My Kind of Girl - needs to be updated more often!
Illustration Art - great pictures and good reading
The Labyrinth -- one of Canada's best bookstores
Gurney Journey -- James Gurney!
Mike Wieringo -- one of the best friends I've ever had. Still miss him whenever I finish something I think he'd like to see.
Off to leave the comments.
Some art goes up later today.