Saturday 10 February 2007

By My Lungs, Betrayed!!!


Cough-cough.


Yeah -- this is the other thing that hit me in January; Bronchitis.


I've had it before, so it shouldn't have been a big deal to deal with it yet again. I've heard that once you get bronchitis, you're prone to get it again, so I'm resigned to this happen every year or two, but this last bout really took me down hard.


At first I thought I was just getting a cold on top of my messed-up leg. I had to cancel the Monday night course I teach, but I did trek in to Toronto to run the morning Life Drawing class: limping and coughing while going over Hale and Bridgman. I figured I'd be right as rain come Wednesday after collapsing into bed for a full day on Tuesday.


Nope. I was much, much worse.


I'm feeling mostly recovered over ten days later. Considering it usually only dragged me down for a few days in the past, this was a nightmare for me. I guess I'm getting too old to just to expect to shrug everything off.


Something genre-related in my next post - -promise! I'm sure two goofy self-portraits is more than enough for anyone to look at.


~Richard

No comments: