Sunday 21 February 2010

Bendis Board Hawkeye Redesign

I usually miss out on things like this at Bendis' board or Warren Ellis' Remake/Remodel thread, but I felt ambitious late last night and just started drawing.


Gave him a helmet and some padding -- being a non-powered Avenger has got to be hard on a body, so I thought this appropriate. Thought a hand crossbow would be neat -- may not always be enough room to swing a bow around.


I decided to go solid black with the body and instantly regretted it. Was probably too tired to really be working on it at that point. . . .


At that point, I figured "what the hell" and just kept going. I hadn't coloured anything traditional comics style in years, so i used it as an excuse to remind myself about the process. Obviously nothing fancy, just setting up layers and flats properly in photoshop.

I was suprised how much I actually forgot.

This isn't really how I'd redesign Hawkeye if really given the task, it was just the first idea that popped into my head.

~R

No comments: