Thursday 26 February 2009

Saurus from Pitt

I've been meaning to try out a colour scan on my Mustek. I've been told repeatedly that these cheap 11x17" scanners can't handle colour. I did luck out and get the second generation model with more features -- so from the pile of old work came this:

This was for the one and only Pitt trading card set. Painted in acrylics (gah!) and while I was a much crappier painter. I actually impressed myself at the time, which isn't saying much. This was, maybe 6 years out of college, I only had the one year of actual painting instruction that was worth a shit and I hadn't even started trying to teach myself any the stuff I suspected I didn't know.
I'm still trying to learn. Though, I think I have a better understanding of how much I don't know than when I was in my 20s.
***
Hmm -- this month has been rather hellish. All sorts of things have dropped of my schedule and one of my dogs dying is only partially to blame. I'm hoping March is better all 'round.

1 comment:

Boothinkart said...

Very nice, and I think that it was done in traditional media rather then Coral Painter adds points to the skill level. Not that there's anything wrong with painter, but the process is quite great with traditional, not to mention there's no cont. Z.