Friday, 21 May 2010

Sketch Cards for May 21 - Star Trek 4/5 and 5/5

Here's the last two cards from last week's series. A vast number of things had to take priority over finding the time to finish these or do any other cards for this past week.


The photo-reference studies have been a good way to keep up with seeing values in black and white, but they've been hell to try and capture likenesses at that small a size; 2.5 x 3.5 is small. I'm really used to drawing much larger than reproduction size, so these have been an additional challenge and frustration when I usually feel I quite adept at capturing likenesses.

When the work weeks aren't so onerous, doing the five cards has been easy, but it still doesn't allow me the time to get ahead or do something else on top of the cards for the blog. I think I might change the schedule I set myself for these tiny drawings starting next week and start adding more non-cards stuff.

Take care,
~R

No comments: