Monday, 10 May 2010

Sketch Card for May 10 - Star Trek 1/5

"Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor, not a brick layer!"

2.5x3.5" Strathmore Plate Bristol, using a .2 black and Cool Grey Copic Markers.

I'm getting a great range of suggestions as I keep going with these sketch cards, which is great for two reasons; people are enjoying these to some degree, and it means I not on my own for coming up with weekly subjects.

So Star Trek, the original series (or ST:TOS to fandom), is the subject this week. I've been a long time ST fan -- I think the first two words I learned how to spell were star and trek. I recall watching the series pretty much daily in syndication through the 70s. I enjoyed several of the films and a few of the spin-off TV series as well, but, in the same way Sean Connery will always be Bond to me, that first TV series will always be what i think of when it comes to Trek!

My first impulse was to draw the classic green alien chick to start this off, but green just ends up being a darker skin tone render in cool grey Copics.

By the way, at the time of writing, there's about 44 hours left on the sketch card auctions I put up last week here. Surprising (to me, anyway), the cards I received the most requests to sell seems to hold the least amount of interest so far. So people looking for a deal on the Batman set I did a few weeks back, you might be in luck!

See you all tomorrow!

~R

2 comments:

Katherine Piro said...

omg. are you putting the star trek cards up on ebay to?

Richard said...

Depending on how the current cards go, I could put the ST set up too.