Wednesday, 19 November 2008

November Zuda

Rumors of War

Of the current competition I think Rumors of War is easily the strip with the easiest task of keeping me interested for the full year, however, they're in third place so far. First place Extracurricular Activities has the best colouring I've seen in a while, but the drawing and dialogue seem inappropriate to the content and Screaming Eagles is really a mess with a really bizarre change in narrative structure, weak dialogue and clich├ęd characters. The writer has a certain amount of experience as actual comics writer and critic, IIRC, so I'm not certain why this strip falls apart; I'm guessing he's trying to emulate 80s saturday morning cartoons and old B&W war films.

That being said, if you're a fan of webcomics, check out the zuda competition and if ya like one of the entries, register and vote.

No comments: